Tool Belts

Friday, August 6, 2010

it's Log, it's log, it's big, it's heavy it's wood. part deux


We have this last pile of wood to finally take care of. Erik's dad came up one day a few weeks ago to help out. Having hand split about 6-7 cords ourselves, our neighbor mentioned we could borrow his 25 ton wood splitter. We jumped at the chance. Considering most of the remaining wood was the crooks and corners that were so hard, it was impossible to get through them. So we had it for two weeks and every night we pecked away at the
never ending pile.
This is the day we decide to finish the pile off and finally return the splitter to our neighbor. Erik is driving the splitter to the pile in the front yard.
Splitter in position. With split wood in the background.

Erik getting ready to split some wood.

The LAST big stump!
The last piece. Erik puts it in the splitter.

This is all mine to haul and stack out back. At this point I want to trade it for something- so if anyone is interested in a cord (or 2) of red oak- I would like an undermount farmer's sink in white, or a LP tank, or 4 yards of river stone OR a massage, because my back hurts from looking at all this wood I have to lug!


My handy work. Stacks of wood behind the shed. Erik's dad started at the far corner and I have continued it toward the woods. (In the photo to the right.) Erik asked me what my talents were this week, and I think stacking wood is one of my better talents. Its like playing tetris.














No comments: