Tool Belts

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Deck Removal






Erik and I took the deck off, Well Erik took the deck off and I moved it into the dumpster with the Wheelhorse. The issue with the deck was several-
1. it was about 12" higher than our finish floor elevation, which wasn't great since water was splashing up into the house.
2. it had a 8' diameter hole right in the center in it from the oak tree being removed.
3. Eric our neighbor said the PT lattice railings were as tacky as his pink flamingoes in his yard ( this is a fact, although pink flamingoes on your yard in Maine is right up there on the tacky meter) I think that he might use them to keep deer from eating his garden. I am hoping that is the reason he has them, anyway.
The last photo is of the remaining wood that needs to be chopped and some very pretty old fashioned flowers that are popping up on the bank above the pond. I cannot remember the name of it- if anyone knows please tell me again.

No comments: