Tool Belts

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Moving is the Worst and other Pains




So this past week was tough, my uncle Ed passed away from Pulmonary Fibrosis- he was a machinist and most likely the lung thing was caused by breathing in metal for so many years. Luckily I got to spend a good day with him last friday before he passed. My thoughts are with my Aunt Leona and my cousins- Carol, Mark, & Joey.
Mom and I went down to the funeral and stayed with Marilyn- who took us in late at night and got us off early in the morning. In the meantime she had dug up and divided some of her plants and many of which were from our old house in Marshfield. It meant so much to me. There are peonies even from my grandmother's house in Upstate. Yesterday was neighborhood cleanup in the Knightville Mill Creek area- and after I dug up some of my beloved perennials for the new house. I got back late in the evening after mowing and weed whacking to clearing out a space at the new house to plant all the thoughtful plants Marilyn had sent with me.
I don't think I can lift my left arm over my head from raking oak leaves. In the back the raspberry bushes had also taken over- so I spend a fair amount of time yanking roots out.
I am taking out forsythia bushes that are overtaking the house- if anyone wants some.


Making headway

This image above & below, is of the new opening for the sliders and transom window above. Once we take down the lattice on the deck- it won' t feel so much like a dog crate. But the view....oh it is so much nicer. Compared to what was there- you couldn't see anything but that oak tree and the room was so dark. This will allow for a view out to the pond and bring so much more light into that space- it will truly be a great room.





On top of it- I am totally unmotivated today. I am clearing out the last items from 72 B street. I feel like I have been moving now for 2 months. I think it might be easier to move to another state than 4 miles down the road. I keep finding stuff in the basement. Check out the back of my car- old skis and surf boards.
Right now, I am actually sitting outside the old house in the driveway posting this- since we don't have internet yet at the new place. I might try and get on the neighbors....see if that works?
Well now I have to go put the composter in the back of the car- poor Barty, she is so tired from watching us work nonstop- I'll have to coax her in the front seat of the car she is completely taking up entire rear of the wagon!

No comments: